Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Who is eligible?
A: Patients taking CellCept® (mycophenolate mofetil) for an FDA-approved indication, who:
- Are over the age of 18 (or have a caregiver over the age of 18)
- Have commercial insurance, like you get from an employer or buy from an insurance company. Healthcare exchange plans that are offered through the Affordable Care Act are considered commercial insurance
- Currently pay more than $15 a month for their co-pay
- Live in the United States or Puerto Rico
- Are not a government beneficiary and/or a participant in any state- or federally funded healthcare program, including but not limited to all Medicare, Medicaid, Medigap, VA, DoD, or TRICARE
- Are not a participant in the Genentech® Access to Care Foundation (GATCF) or any other charitable organization that helps patients pay for their CellCept prescription
Q: How do I use the CellCept® Co-pay Card?
A: Once you’ve signed up or activated your co-pay card, you simply take the co-pay card to the pharmacy. If you are using a specialty or mail order pharmacy, call them with the information. The pharmacy will process the co-pay card with your insurance, so you may pay as little as $15 per monthly co-pay, regardless of your income level. The maximum co-pay assistance allowable to any patient under the program is $10,000. Patients are responsible for all out of pocket costs after $10,000.
Q: Can I use the card at any pharmacy?
A: Yes. Any pharmacy can process the co-pay card. If using a specialty or mail order pharmacy, you have to call the pharmacy and provide the co-pay card details over the phone.
Q: Do I ever need to renew my card?
A: Yes. Every 12 months from the time you initially enroll, you will have to renew your card. You should get a reminder letter, email, or call when it's time to renew. Please have your 9-digit co-pay card ID number with you when you renew your card. This information can be found in your co-pay card welcome and renewal letters and/or emails. You can renew your card here or call us at 1-833-CellCept (1-833-235-5237) 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET (Mon-Fri).
Q: What happens if the pharmacy does not process the card when I get my CellCept prescription filled?
A: If the pharmacy cannot process the claim, visit www.patientrebateonline.com to enter and print a patient rebate reimbursement form. Sign and submit the form, along with a copy of your prescription receipt and label (e.g, the sticker on the medicine bottle or the paper that’s stapled to the pharmacy bag). The CellCept® Co-pay Card program will mail you a check for the amount the program covers.
Q: How soon can I use the card?
A: You can begin using your CellCept® Co-pay Card within 5 minutes of joining the program.
For more information, call 1-833-CellCept (1-833-235-5237) 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET (Mon-Fri).