Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Who is eligible?
A: Patients taking CellCept® (mycophenolate mofetil) for an FDA-approved indication, who:
- Are over the age of 18 (or have a caregiver or legally authorized person over the age of 18)
- Are on commercial (also known as private) insurance. This includes insurance from an employer or from the Healthcare Marketplace ("Exchanges")
- Currently pay more than $15 per month for their CellCept medication co-pay
- Live and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. Territories
- Are not a participant in a federal or state-funded healthcare program, including but not limited to Medicare, Medicaid, VA/DoD, TRICARE, and Medigap
- Are not receiving assistance through the Genentech® Access to Care Foundation (GATCF) or any other charitable organization for the same expenses covered by the program
Q: How do I use the CellCept® Co-pay Card?
A: Once you’ve signed up or activated your co-pay card, you simply take the co-pay card to the pharmacy. If you are using a specialty or mail order pharmacy, call them with the information. The pharmacy will process the co-pay card with your insurance, so you may pay as little as $15 per month for the medication, regardless of your income level. The maximum co-pay assistance allowable to any patient under the program is $10,000. Patients are responsible for all out of pocket costs after $10,000.
Q: Can I use the card at any pharmacy?
A: Yes. Any pharmacy can process the co-pay card. If using a specialty or mail order pharmacy, you have to call the pharmacy and provide the co-pay card details over the phone.
Q: Do I ever need to renew my card?
A: No, effective January 1st, 2022, once you have qualified for the program and have activated your card, you will be automatically re-enrolled each year on January 1st as long as you continue to meet program eligibility criteria. If you have questions call us at 1-833-CellCept (1-833-235-5237) 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET (Monday - Friday).
Q: What happens if the pharmacy does not process the card when I get my CellCept prescription filled?
A: First, call 1-833-CellCept (1-833-235-5237) 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM ET (Monday - Friday) to confirm that you are enrolled and have an active co-pay card. If you have confirmed that you are eligible and active with the program and the pharmacy still cannot process the claim, visit www.patientrebateonline.com to enter and print a patient rebate reimbursement form. Sign and submit the form, along with a copy of your prescription receipt and label (e.g, the sticker on the medicine bottle or the paper that’s stapled to the pharmacy bag). The CellCept® Co-pay Card program will mail you a check for the amount the program covers.
Q: How soon can I use the card?
A: You can begin using your CellCept® Co-pay Card within 5 minutes of joining the program.
For more information, call 1-833-CellCept (1-833-235-5237) 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET (Mon-Fri).